Monday, September 05, 2005

The Enemy Ideology

America is #1
We have the greatest economic system in the world
Anyone can make it here with enough hard work and determination
In America there's opportunity for all
If someone is poor it's their own fault
A sign of weakness
(Blacks are all lazy and degenerate)
Those people aren't like us
Buncha drug addicts
Handouts are the last thing those people need

I woke up with this in my head. By and large I grew up steeping in this poisonous moral insulation (though I don't believe my folks were racist at all).
With about a million new homeless to deal with, I'm afraid that our once proud nation is in for a little soul searching.

By the way, I think if you insert "they don't value life the way we do" you also get to invade and bomb third world countries.

cheers

No comments: