Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Party 1-20-09


Inauguration Party 1-20-09, originally uploaded by Robbi Baba.

We saw in the New Age with waffles, quiche, fruit salad and champagne, watching the event live on the internet. I had tears in my eyes during Obama's speech.
And seeing Bush being flown away, and Cheney rolled off in his wheelchair like Old Man Potter in It's A Wonderful Life, was such a huge relief. I felt the whole nation, the whole world, exhale in a vast sigh of relief.
If you missed the speech, find it and watch it. It was a real call to service. I think we're seeing something new in the world. And I refuse to entertain cynicism any longer. Time to step up and get to work!

1 comment:

mollyf said...

Looks like fun! That's exactly how I feel: Let's get to work! It's awesome.