Saturday, November 26, 2005

The Triune Brain and Empire

Here's a link to a good article on the triune brain and how it relates to empire. I find this stuff pretty interesting. Watch out for the lizard men.

I hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving. We did. About 9 hours of cooking, 45 minutes of eating and another 3 hours of cleaning up. Lots of nice chit chat though and plenty of leftovers and only mild indigestion. Cool.

We've been making forays to the old storage lockers, hauling boxes and furniture home in our big red van. Today India got her desk back and Krista helped get her room to a new level of organization, and Eden got a box of toy kibble, which made her really happy. We also found the old framed family photographs and set them up. That was nice. So far the new house is absorbing most of this stuff. We have a few goodwill boxes on the front porch. I had thought we'd do a garage sale at some point, but I'm finding that idea ever more unappealing.

I've been thinking about starting a new blog feature: rob's conspiracy corner. any day now. We just watched a depressing documentary on "chemtrails" our friend Mariola gave us. This must be the 'mother of all' conspiracies. I think I'll start out with something lighter. Like 9-11 or election fraud or something.

This is the first time in 13 years that our family isn't doing any Christmas shows. Not even the Goddess Faire next weekend in Sebastopol. Between that and having to wade through all our crap in the storage lockers, I'm not feeling very gift oriented this year. I don't want anymore stuff. Ye Gods. And I sure as hell don't want to go shopping. Ugh. It used to be fun doing trades with other craftspeople we liked. I'll miss that, a bit. I think we all need to find new (or more traditional) ways of letting people know that we love and appreciate them. And I think that finding those new ways means having to slow down--it takes time. We all need to relax a bit. Get more still and centered. It's getting dark early now and we should probably be sleeping more. Just my two cents.

Cheers.
rob

No comments: