Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Homeschool Bowling


India and I have been going bowling monday afternoons for the past 5 weeks or so. One of the homeschool moms set it up. We went yesterday (Martin Luther King Jr. Day) and the place was packed. Usually it's a ghost town.








Both India and I had record scores for our last game! She rolled 126 and I got 216!!
My previous high was 181 way back when I was India's age. My dad was upper management in Atlanta's public transit company and at some point we joined the bus drivers' leauge. I got to bowl with 3 black bus drivers, which was so cool! Of course I must have totally sucked. The drivers were all very good and quite serious about competing within the league. I think the management folk were evenly distributed to handicap all the bus drivers' teams evenly.

India is probably the best out of all the kids, although her style is pretty weird. Somehow it works for her. I'm glad we get to go bowling together. It's fun.

No comments: