Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Our Cob Pedestal Project


Cob Pedastal
Originally uploaded by Robbi Baba.

When I came back from my Cob Together workshop I was very eager to do something with cob right away, and to get my family involved.
We've had this Buddha statue on the floor for almost a year now and I've always wanted to raise it up. So....
I got a load of subsoil from a construction site, some straw from a feed store and we made cob--one batch anyway, and made this funky shape. It's about 18" square on the bottom, and maybe a foot high. Pretty lumpy.
I think my family wasn't all that impressed, though it was fun making the cob. It also took a long time to dry as we built it on the North facing porch and it never got any direct sun.
Finally this morning I mixed up a batch of plaster and we "finished" it.

No comments: