Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Our Week

India is up in Oregon at Not Back To School Camp. We just got an email from Natalie, the homeschooling mom who drove India up there with her daughter. Sounds like the girls are bunking in the same cabin, which is great.
India will be gone for two and a half weeks! And Eden is enjoying her shot at being an only child. At some point the three of us will drive up to get India and maybe make a little road trip out of it. I want to show them White Oak Farm, and maybe we'll get to camp there overnight (and see the glorious stars). And I'm hot to go all the way to Portland and see some of the City Repair projects there, and maybe dignity village.
And we'll be there just in time for the Eugene Celebration, which hosts a crazy fun parade (or at least it used to). And Nancy Bright's birthday.
I've been a little burned out on driving lately, but I think we can handle one more road trip this summer.

In other news--my bike got stolen! In broad daylight. In front of the Santa Rosa Public Library. Some asshole cut the cable on my lock and took it. What a bummer. I was using that bike for transportation quite a bit. I guess it's my old karma, but it still sucks. I'm trying to deal with it by calling stores and getting some new orders. I got one today from Cami at Crystal Channels in Santa Rosa. Cards and Stickers.
I swear I'm so lame at selling our stuff. I'm near phobic about calling stores. Cami, however, was very pleased I called and super fun to sell cards to. So I'll press on. Once I get "enough" new income happening I'll probably go bike shopping. And I'll get a better lock!

Krista is back in her studio. I'm hoping for some new paintings soon. She's also been working on her website to make it more buyer friendly.
Personally I think it's time for her work to be in a gallery. Ideally in San Francisco, or maybe Marin County. Or even Portland. She's mature enough and should really be in there painting all the time.
And I should be planning our new house and preparing to build it come Spring. Still looking for that land.
love
rob

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun trip for India--and for Eden too.

Sorry to read about your loss! The central library branch is, and AFAIK always has been, a bad place for bikes. My brother had at least one bike stolen there. :(

Is Crystal Channels still over by Cleveland Ave.? My dad's studio (a dilapidated garage) used to be near that spot. When the new buildings went in, dad moved next door to Lux metal shop. The Crystal Channels folks were always very nice to my dad.

Glad Krista is painting more magic. I'm off to see the site.ed

Ren Allen said...

I just went and looked at her art...it's AMAZING!! Yes, it should be in a gallery. Wow.

Ren Allen said...

Well, I tried to post a comment a minute ago about how AMAZING Krista's art is! Hopefully you won't get two comments suddenly showing up.:)
Her work should definitely be in a gallery, it's so beautiful. wow.

Funny thing, I went to look up the White Oaks Farm you mentioned and this is what came onto my screen: http://www.whiteoakfarm.net/

I was sitting here scratching my head and thinking "they just didn't seem like the hunter types" lol
Found the correct one and now it all makes sense!!! Cool place.