Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Etsy


I spent much of yesterday setting up a storefront on the website Etsy. We have a bit of jewelry left from our old Honey Moon business. I came across it whilst cleaning out the storage locker. Etsy is a site for handmade stuff--sort of a mini-ebay with a focus. I also put our sarongs up, and added a link from this blog (over on the right there).
If it works out, I'm planning to set India up with a store too. She could sell her little felted gnomie dolls and finger puppets, and her silk screened shirts. Maybe even her poetry stickers. It only costs ten cents to list an item, and 3.5% if you sell it.

In other news, Krista is back in the studio painting away! I'm looking forward to a new series of paintings, maybe a few new series. I'd really like to set up a show for her in December, but can't even talk about it (she cant abide the pressure, or feeling that she has to paint what someone would 'like' and want to buy). Maybe I could rent a storefront for a weekend. We'll see.

And India is involved in three new activities. Photoshop class, hip hop class and art sessions over at the teen center. I'm really happy about all this new input for her (although it means me shlepping her around in the car like some wretched soccer mom). The best part is that she's teaching me lots of photoshop techniques and how the various tools work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Artsy craftsy Etsy. It's a good site. I've met a few people who've bought goodies from various vendors there. Your store looks good. I like your candid "About" box and the photos look good. Good luck!