Monday, November 20, 2006

Lots of little news...

On Saturday our friend Jay stayed over. He was up from Santa Cruz, taking a weekend training with the Red Cross and we were very happy to put him up and feed him mushroom barley soup with kale salad.
In return he told us wild stories of traveling to Great Briton and visiting many sacred sites and standing stones, etc. All the way up to the Outer Hebrides north of Scotland. Brrrrrrrr.
While he was telling us stories, Krista was keeping Eden happy by doodling little figures on scraps of scratch paper. Eden would color them in and show them to Jay (whose appreciation was apparently like divine nectar to Eden). India colored the top middle one and Eden drew a couple figures as well as coloring them.
Anyhow, I thought them charming enough to keep. Drawings on scratch paper have a very short life span around our house, so I scanned 'em. Here's an assortment I worked on while Aja was over visiting.
The other big news is I finally got my glasses! I got to test them out tonight, driving Aja home to Sebastopol. My god, what a revelation. Everything crystal clear. Much less stressful at night. Woo hoo.
But it's weird taking them off. Ugh. I have to figure out when and where to wear them. They are distance glasses. It's all new to me.
I'll have to post a photo of myself wearing them. At first Krista wanted me to get 'dork' frames. You know, thick black plastic ones. She imagined I'd look cute. Didn't pan out.
So I've got "Norman Rockwell" wire frames. I still don't look cute, but at least I don't look dorky and uncute at the same time.

No comments: