Sunday, November 05, 2006

The Secret and EFT

A friend of mine challenged my recent posting of "The Secret to Riches ~ Visualization Tool" google video. He said he wasn't sure if it was supposed to be a joke, or maybe a parody of new age materialism.
Fair enough. After watching it again it does seem a bit silly. Especially out of context of the original program.

What I had meant to post was a link to the full hour and a half film "The Secret" (but I had trouble finding it again). At any rate, if you'd like to see it Click Here.

The film is about the law of attraction. Some of the folks who were in What The Bleep Do We Know are featured. I think it's worth watching and wrestling with any resistances you might have.

Personally, I think the time is getting late for conventional political and 'scientific' solutions to save our collective ass. I think this film (cheesy though it might be in parts) represents an evolution in human consciousness. An empowering. I'm now inclined to believe just as much in the law of attraction as in that other crazy law of gravitation.

My big project right now is to combine intentional use of this law of attraction with erasing my negative unconscious and conflicting emotional programming, using a technique called EFT - emotional freedom technique. Erase and replace is my mantra these days.

The basic idea is that it doesn't work well to stand in our house and recite affirmations when all around us the walls are scrawled with ugly grafitti such as: you're a failure life is hard you have to work hard for everything you aren't special failure! things never work out for you you never finish anything you don't deserve it if you're rich you'll lose all your friends
etc..
EFT is about scrubbing those walls clean. It turns out to be pretty easy! And you don't even have to relive all the old trauma. I love it.

I'll post more on EFT soon. Or you can click here for the web site.

Rob

No comments: