Monday, January 29, 2007

June 68


June 68
Originally uploaded by Robbi Baba.

I just finished an intense project--scanning and restoring a number of old photos from my childhood and before, when my folks were young. I did it for a present for my sister, who turns 50 next week. Yikes!
Today I found a whole new stack. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry-it was so much work already. I guess the new batch will have to wait a little bit, to give my eyes a chance to recover.
I decided that this is the perfect art form for someone with Venus in Virgo: removing tiny specks and flaws to make something beautiful.
This photo is in front of our townhouse in Corte Madera, Marin County, California. Now one of the most expensive places to live on Earth. Then, just a sleepy little blue collar town. The hippies hadn't really begun the migration North just yet.

(more photos on flickr)

No comments: