Friday, January 12, 2007

Thailand Sojourn


Using a small plastic doll to relate to foreign cultures.
Originally uploaded by Robbi Baba.

I've been very busy for about a week now, creating a new blog called Thailand Sojourn.
It came about when I realized that all of my written postings from our trip to Thailand never got published on this blog. I don't know why.
I thought about adding them in, en mass, as I was rather fond of them. It was a magical time for us and I wanted to share my writings.
But putting them in here, almost two years later, seemed absurd. I also came to realize that I'd posted only a relative few photos here and had many many more excellant photos to share.
So I decided to make Thailand Sojourn. I loaded about 160 photos onto my flickr page and produced 12 little short video clips from our original footage. I included my original travelogue and massively supplemented it. I put in lots of hyperlinks too.
It was an absurd amount of work and I love every minute of it. I just have no idea why I felt compelled to do it.
But now it's (essentially) done. Aside from a little tweaking and tinkering, it's a done deal. I won't really be adding to it.
Time to go celebrate.

PS if you don't have broadband internet, forget it. Even with a fast connection it takes too long to load!

No comments: