Thursday, April 19, 2007

I Love My New Camera!


Angels
Originally uploaded by Robbi Baba.

I finally decided to get a new camera. I've become more and more into my photography and the old one just wasn't cutting it anymore. Not enough control and way too much noise in low light situations.
I was torn between upgrading my little Casio spy camera, or really stepping up and getting a professional dSLR Canon XTi for about $1000.
I probably will get the Canon at some point, but the learning curve and the thought of a (relatively) big camera hanging around my neck again gives me pause.
So I bought the newest Casio for $250. 10.2 megapixels and lots more control than my last one. It's a bit bigger, but still pocket size.
This picture was my first test for noise and I am delighted!
The camera also has an amazingly fast 'burst' mode--about 10 shots per second. You know, like the classic fashion photography thing "work with me baby, show me love".
I tested that out on our spooky cat Scout, who gets very nervous being photographed! I was able to nab about 10 clear shots of her and the only challenge is deciding which one to keep and which ones to delete.
So far I'm loving my camera and I'm very sorry to bore you with these details, but there you go.
More shots on Flickr.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not boring at all! I have a dSLR and it's so cumbersome I seldom take it anywhere. Before I saw this post I saw your photos in my contacts page on Flickr. I studied your exif data and put a pink version of your camera on my Amazon wish list yesterday.