Tuesday, June 12, 2007

The Harmony Festival - 2007


Robbibaba
Originally uploaded by Robbi Baba.

Poor old Harmony Festival. It was held under a bad opposition - Saturn in Leo opposed Neptune in Aquarius. All that beautiful old spiritual & communal energy mucked up by greed and vainglorious burningman showboaters. The main stage music was way too loud, drowning out conversations and more humble performances. Leo at it's worst--demanding an audience. And Aquarius at it's most vapid - hunkering down in cliques instead of bringing everyone together.
May I piss and moan?

It used to be the "Health & Harmony Festival". Last year they dropped the Health. I think this year it was pretty much the "Our Money Festival". They bumped up the admission prices to where a family of four would have to pay $114 at the gate. For the day!

Most everyone we know either just came one day or didn't come at all. Jerry paid his $37 to get in (he brought our girls) and stayed for about 45 minutes. Ugh.

Still, there were good experiences to be had, for sure. Somehow I seemed to have forgotten how to enjoy myself much. But my long suffering friends helped me out.
Karen for example took this very photo.

I did come up with a strategy for counteracting the somewhat avaricious spirit of the promoters. I put a stack of deva luna cards in my pocket and gave them out for free to certain folks I'd notice. I swear, a few people seemed like they were going to start crying!

Anyhow, it was a long strange trip this year. I'm looking forward to the generous loving overflowing spirit of the Oregon Country Fair next month.
ps lot's more photos on Flickr.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You all look like you're having a really great time in the photos.

rob said...

I know I know. Really, I just like to complain. Sorry.