Tuesday, June 19, 2007

OCF Looming

Every year, about this time, my enthusiasm for the Oregon Country Fair is at its lowest ebb. We've been working for weeks now getting ready. It's a big production. And every year we end up trimming down our ambitious list of projects, which is always a wrench.
Krista is working on a big painting to be done for the fair. It's one she's had going for months, but started back in on. I saw it yesterday and got really excited. Way cool.
She's also going to paint a lot of little ones. Some very little ones. And some triptychs (I have to cut the plywood and put the hinges on this week).
We were hoping to make lanterns too, but the learning curve was so steep that, even though we've pretty much got it figured out, we may not pursue the project for this fair. Sob.
One problem is that they would be fairly fragile and take up a lot of room in the van. A lot of room! But I can imagine them shining out at night on the path so beautiful. I can imagine people buying every single one we brought.
Hopefully we'll sell the triptychs and paintings we bring. I'd like to sell them all.
Along with helping Krista, I'm working with the girls to get their goods ready for sale up there. India is supposed to make all her camp money at the fair. I think she's going to have a pretty good store this year.
I think it's going to be a very good year at OCF.

No comments: