Friday, August 29, 2008

The Couple


The Couple, originally uploaded by Robbi Baba.

Krista's folks kindly hosted their niece Angela's baby shower. Here she is, with the daddy, Spencer. She was wearing an adorable skull and crossbones top and a crystal necklace she got from her late grandmother.
I've always really liked Angela. She's been a dare devil and has suffered many an accident. She's facing child birth just as fearlessly as jumping off a cliff into the Eel River. But hopefully she'll chill out a bit once the kid arrives.
She's only 17 and when we heard she was pregnant I was dismayed. It's hard work raising kids and it takes a lot of responsibility to do it well. But then again, Angela has lots of energy and enthusiasm (maybe more energy than I had at 30 when India was born?).
And I was pleased to meet Spencer. Notice he's holding a water bottle? Not a beer.
I think they've got a shot at it. Happiness I mean.
Good luck kids!

No comments: