Friday, October 28, 2005

If you're going to New Zealand....







Our most delightful stopover in New Zealand was in an 1860's era church that had been lovingly transformed into a holiday rental. We stayed there 5 days or so and would have stayed on. I told the proprietress Heather (pronounced Heethaah) that I would post some contact info on my blog, so here it is 5 months later, but just in time for summer over there.
The photo with the sailing boats is of nearby Akaroa, a picturesque French colony about 45 minutes away down the Banks Penninsula--which is one of the most beautiful places on Earth that I've ever seen. The Chapel is about 20 minutes out of Christchurch. If I were returning to New Zealand for pleasure I would fly straight into Christchurch and stay here for a week!
Anyway, here's the contact info:
http://www.holidayhouses.co.nz/properties/3795.asp

Day Phone:
03 329-6988

No comments: