Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Ack! Sorry....

It's been way too long since I've posted anything. I guess I've been busy?

We're very well established in our new house now. Today was day #11. And we're very happy. It's a good house and it's suits us all very well.

This last week we've finally unpacked the rest of the treasures we had shipped from Bali. It amazes me that these fragile things can be crated up and sent 12,000 miles across the ocean to end up in our living room. All of these things are very heavy indeed, which is one reason they've stayed crated up in our storage locker. Only one of the stone pieces broke apart. Unfortunately my body hasn't been so amused with this moving process. Most times I hurt all over.

I think one of the reasons we've been so happy here is that most of our junk is still in storage. If we'd brought it all in we'd be buried alive. We're pretty much down to essentials (including Buddha statues) and it's not too hard keeping the place clean. I think we're going to be absolutely ruthless clearing out our storage. We'd better be. We have lots of beautiful crap. And of course many items that might come in handy sometime. You know how it goes.

One pleasant surprise for me is that the girls are getting along much better. It seems that having their own space (or perhaps it's not having to deal with each other's messes) has taken some stress out of their relationship. With India getting older, and spending more time alone in her new room, this is a very welcome change--just in time. There are two little girls next door. I have ambitions.

I've picked up a new hobby. While waiting for my poor body to recover from moving heavy things, I've been using a video editing program to put together a mystical art show. The fourth (and final?) version is about 17 minutes long. I'd love to post it one the web. Except that I can't. I've used lots of artist's images, and four songs without permission. I don't even know who some of the artists are! We've just grabbed inspiring images off the web over the years and sometimes they aren't even credited.
The songs are from Sigur Ros, The Starseeds, Brian Eno and an amazing cover of Purple Haze by The Cure. It's pretty psychedelic!

Krista is working day and night on an art installation for a wild event this Saturday at our friend Art's. It includes a brand new painting and some other goodies. I can't wait to see it.

I'll try to get some photos up this week. Our new house, the Bali treasures, Krista's new painting. If you're in the neighborhood, drop on by!

love,
rob

No comments: