Saturday, March 25, 2006

Bali Notes

This guy wants a job in America.
His name is Koman and we met him last year at Tutmak. I think he's sort of the maitre'd there. When I was back, on my last night, we got to chatting and he asked me to help him find work in the US. Any kind of work he said. He told me that aside from resturaunt work he's also a woodcarver. He speaks fair to good english and I'm sure he'd quickly become excellant.
Anyhow, let me know if you could help hook him up somewhere.

I also want to recommend my driver Nyoman Raka, if anyone is heading off to Ubud anytime soon. His email is raxka@hotmail.com. I spent many hours with him and he drove me clear across the island for my three day adventure. His recommendations were always great, his english is good and he always asked a fair price. Twice he helped lug my impossibly heavy sarongs down the long long alleyway. He also taught me some Balinese greetings, which made my stay especially warm.

Finally, if you want to try out scuba diving in Bali, head up to Tulamben and hire Ketut Kamar to teach you the ropes and guide you out to the US Liberty wreck (for a mere 200,000rp!). He was absolutely wonderful and I still feel grateful to the man. A note of warning though--if you are female or gay: this guy is frighteningly handsome.

No comments: