Wednesday, March 19, 2008

We've Been Busy!

Krista has an awesome series of photos over on her art blog Undercurrents. She shows a bit of the evolution of her biggest painting to date. Check it out.
I've been so fortunate over the years to witness this process again and again. It's amazing to see figures emerging from the canvas, first in ghostly white then transforming as color is added.
Krista is finishing up four major new painting to hang at her upcoming show at Sonoma Country Day School.
I'm afraid it will fall to me to arrange some sort of reception, where the public can come and see this work hanging. I am seriously hoping that most of the paintings, new and old, that she brings will actually sell at this show. They really should. If so, then this potential reception will likely be the only chance her fans get to ever see them. It's a little daunting, thinking of setting it up, in part because the space is really huge and has terrible acoustics. Very echo-y. My first thought of having a little live music or even a poetry reading...not so sure. Also, not knowing how many people to expect...15 or 450? That makes it a little hard to plan.

In other news, I'm plugging away at my new therapy business. I just signed up to participate in a wellness fair in Sebastopol, on the 29th of this month. I'll be giving away free mini-sessions. I'm looking for space to give classes and groups, and have several leads to check out. And I've contacted several Mother's Clubs to see about giving free presentations.
Meanwhile, I think my actual sessions are going pretty great. Yesterday I helped a client shed intense guilt and shame that she'd been feeling DAILY for thirty seven years! Gone in 50 minutes. I love EFT! Now I just need more clients.

No comments: