Thursday, January 29, 2009

More Than Halfway

I'm in Taipei for a nice three hour layover. Can't seem to sign in to email so this is my best bet to communicate. It was horrible, but not too horrible, getting to this point. Had a nice ride down to the SF airport with Jon and sailed through ticketing and security.
Of course the plane was crowded and crammed full of folks. Lots of Indian travelers and a big group of high schoolers or maybe college freshmen?
I finagled a window seat, but it was night time for the whole flight! We were racing the sun West I guess. It was good to have the wall of the plane to lean my poor tired head against. Thanks to a dose of melatonin and a kava kava capsule I actually slept for at least 6 or 7 hours. Wonderful! Of course that meant waking up every half hour or so because my neck was screaming distress.
After that seven hours of sleep, the big screen at the front of the plane told me we still had 5 and a half hours to go!!
I brought a flattened cardboard box and folded the ends up to make an elevated platform for my pillow. It worked pretty well. I was very glad to have it.
I was also glad to have the excellent sci fi book that Steve B lent me. I read about a third of it. There was a screen way up the aisle with some sort of bad movie playing. I was glad to have a book.
I sincerely hope that this will be the most boring entry of the trip.
So far so good, anyway.
rob

No comments: