Tuesday, November 12, 2013

27 Hours Later I'm in Chiang Mai!

Hey, so far so good.  
I honestly thought the plane was going to crash over the Pacific.  I've never been through turbulence like that.  It was very much like a roller coaster ride, being violently bucked and jerked about in the seat.  Literally had to hold on with white knuckles!  One poor lady got up to use the toilet and the two stewardesses strapped down in the back literally screamed at her to sit back down.

I'm happy to report that I was ready to meet my death with composure.  But after about 45 minutes the rough ride ceased and it was smooth sailing.  Until the next bout a few hours later.  Perhaps it had something to do with Typhoon Haiyan, though that must have been a thousand miles away at least.

So I'm here at Kavil Guesthouse 27 hours after getting on the airport bus.  I was able to sleep some, but I feel pretty spaced out.  The only real bummer so far is that my room smells like Tide. I guess I'll get used to it, or else ask if they can wash unscented detergent.   My room, by the way, is 200 Baht a night, or $6.67 a night.  Warm shower and everything!

Considering that I checked my bag in SFO and it arrived in Chiang Mai right on time, life is pretty good I guess.  Time to go eat a big meal!

No comments: