Wednesday, June 03, 2015

Day 5 of the Koh Phangan Workshop

I've been getting up at sunrise every morning and heading down to the beach.  It's my favorite time to swim, as the water is mostly warm and the air mostly cool.  Once the sun is up it can be very hot!  Though yesterday it was overcast most of the morning.

Today was glorious as there's waves coming in.  Mostly the sea has been pretty calm - just some little rollers.  These were just big enough to do some mild body surfing....so fun!  
There's a platform out in the bay, with a platform and hammock.  It's just far enough to feel a bit scary or challenging for me (not being the strongest swimmer).  The amazing thing is laying in the hammock and being rocked by the swells.  Divine.

Last night I had dinner at a table on the beach with my old friend Nika and her husband Marco (he's taken the first 4 days of EFT training).  I hadn't seen Nika for 5 or 6 years and we both arrived here on Koh Phangan on the same day!  
She had lived here for a whole year - she rented a beatiful bungalow up on the cliffs overlooking the bay.  We had a lovely visit with the waves breaking and candles flickering.  She wouldn't let me take her picture though!

The workshop has been really intense for some of the students.  Not sure why - maybe the heat?  I've had to do three emergency sessions - EFT triage - to help them be okay.  For two of them the issue was eachother!  They had a big conflict in the first few hours of the first day and it's been rather strained ever since.

I did a remimprinting with one of them before breakfast yesterday and it seemed to help a lot.  This stuff always leads back to childhood trauma.  The other gal just wrote to say she's leaving and won't be continuing.  She's been so prickly and difficult with everyone, and taken up so much of my time and energy that I think perhaps it's for the best.  I hope she finds what she needs.

So I've had my hands full!  But I've met some really interesting folks from England and Europe, I've had many lovely swims - the full moon night was magical.  I was out in the warm sea with the moon rising before me - it's light shining across the calm waters right to my heart.  And Venus and Jupiter rising right behind me over the mountainside.  


The food here has been consistently great.  I arranged for the class to take our breakfasts and lunches together and it's been very yummy and very healthy both.  Twice they've served us yogurt that is SO alive it's actually bubbling.  I've never had the like before.  You can just tell it's so good for you.  Really intense.  And served with incredibly fresh tropical fruit - the mango is my favorite.  

There's not much to complain about - just the incredibly oppressive heat and humidity, the mosquitoes, the 'sea lice' that sometimes sting while we're swimming, stupid Europeans who smoke cigarettes near the restaurant, and straining my voice to be heard over the chorus of cicaidas outside our Zen Hall.  Not bad at all!

No comments: